It didn't turn out bad after all.
When you dreaded waking up in the afternoon for fear of getting disappointments, but dragged your ass up and out of your deathbed anyway, looked at your inactive mobile with only a small handful who remembered and bothered to holler, then finally had the strength to roll down the stairs to switch your laptop on to start on your daily addiction to the void...
BAM. Something came up in the form of an e-mail and your day took on a pleasant and promising turn. You stared and reread the words like you had never seen them in your vocabulary list. You then sat there. Just sat there so still. You sat there and looked into the space. What to do? What to think? What to say? Who to yell at?
You picked up your mobile and smiled at it so stupidly, you did not even know. You were too enthralled. So you proceeded to call the only person you should call. She answered and you started hyperventilating.
Your conversation lasted for around an hour, maybe more, maybe less, you could not remember. You just remembered the laughter and sighs and happy words. And late updates from each other. It was so soothing. Soothing to hear from a friend so dear, on a day so lonely. It calmed you down.
In the evening, another close pal dropped by. You went into her car and she handed you a small gift. You rarely get gifts, yes? Any prize given must be cherished. You know that best.
Dinner was ordinary and dessert was a downer, but hey. It didn't matter too much. That e-mail, that phone call, that gift. Nothing beats those.
Cyberspace treated you well today too, did it not? You didn't feel so lonely after all. It was good. It was all good.
Fifteen more minutes to midnight. To the end of your birth. You start to question if your mother had made a mistake by giving you life. You are, so far, dysfunctional to yourself, if not to your family. Yet you still receive so much. Twenty-four hours ago you regretted your mother had popped you out instead of getting rid of you.
Fourteen minutes. You are still thinking of it, aren't you?
Now, think of today's e-mail. That one e-mail. Good. Now plan. And make sure the promise given to you will be fulfilled.
Stay afloat.
02 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








20 echoed:
I am stoked that I stumbled upon your blog. I really enjoy your writing, and am looking forward to reading more. Keep it up!
Thank you very much. I'm flattered. I'll certainly be writing more!
Very nice. I love your style, mystery yet enough to feel it!
Alison
livingalifeofbliss.blogspot.com
Thanks so much, Alison. I'm still not over the admiration of you being a cool mom!
I could feel this blog. I am glad I came across. Beautiful!
Thank you, Holly. People like you make me smile.
nobody's an accident. if you can believe that much, it's a start.
btw, nice post :)
thankies again =)
i can believe, i shall believe.
i do believe.
This is good :) I liked it.
(Found you on 20sb by the way!)
Thanks Kari Ann. =)
Gonna look for you there!
so glad you left your link on my thread on 20sb. I love your writing.
Mmm, your neurosis is yummy.
kacysue: Hey Kacy, thanks =) hope you come back for more.
Anthony: Glad you find my disorder delicious.
And so I'll mention what hundred others might already did... I like your blog. Keep it up! :-)
Thanks d1n0za. I appreciate it. =)
There's an award waiting for you at my blog!
I'm delighted I decided to check you out. I've seen you on 20SB, participating in the forums. And now I'm a fan!
Sometimes a small gesture can turn your life around. ;p
Taryn: Goodie! Going over right away.
Johana: Yes it can, and it's always humbling. Thank you for the nice words, they mean a lot. =)
Happy birthday! And the next one will be a little better.
Thank you lovely. I hope the next will be.
Post a Comment