You have taken away the only_one_thing that keeps me sane in this house.
I do not know much about your childhood and your experience growing up.
In comparison, I acknowledge I am receiving a better life given by you.
Times are different. You've asked me about this and I've told you about this.
I do not need to be deprived of what you might've been deprived of when you were my age.
I am a young adult. I should be treated like one.
But alas, I am a young adult void of any privacy and room to breathe.
Two years. Two insecure years of gradually opening up to you in hopes you'll be able to picture things from my perspective. I thought I was progressing good with you, that you're trying to understand what I have to say. I let you in a step at a time, whenever chance permitted. I caved in and broke down in front of you. I let my guard down and you saw I'm easily breakable.
It's been going well up till the past month. Up till now.
I am trying my luck with the breadwinner this time. And I seem to be on a steady start.
I do not wish to participate in any activity with you.
I do not wish to communicate with you until you give me back my sanity.
My patience is waning fast. Wrong button, woman.
Fight.
Happy Mother's Day.
10 May 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








12 echoed:
just because one can give birth doesn't mean they can mother.
I can totally relate to this post. When I was younger I felt quite the same towards my mother. But now, living far away from her I miss her. Terribly.
Happy Mother's Day.
[hugs]
:( ...i still hope you and your mom will be okay.
I sincerely hope it works out. Sometimes, relationships with family are best left distant.
Virtual hug x 1000! (unless, you don't hug people, even virtually. Then.. a virtual pat on the back?)
No matter how old you get, Moms can still try to be controlling and hold your sanity hostage. Things can always get better, and I hope for you, they do!
My relationship with my mom has always been a major roller coaster. The good times are great, though, so hold out for those!
You're mad at your mom too?
hey..
move out, things improve from there, relationship, respect and stuff..
Oh no, hang in there! Be sure to take care and pamper yourself any chance you get, stuff like this is always so draining. Cultural differences can play a big part in the communication gap, and I still have no idea how to get around it.
After I moved away from home, I purposely distanced myself from my mum, because I had to for my own good. Tonight I'm sharing a motel room with her and the slight awkwardness that is evident, the same awkwardness one might experience sharing a room with an aquaintance, breaks my heart. As much as I had to do what I did, I'd give anything for us to be the way we used to be; screaming and crying at each other as only a mother and daughter can.
Thank you for sharing some of your relationship with us. This was a remarkably honest mothers day post.
Yikes, that's really sad. I guess not everyone is a mom. Like how you can be a father but not a dad.
Thanks everyone. Your words are comforting. My mom and I are still on a rough patch, but I hope things will gradually improve in time. Hugs back to all of you.
Post a Comment